Bullet Journal Notebook Review
- Key Features: iconic doodles on the front, fun color combinations, great paper quality, new notebook company
- Size: True A5 – 8.25″ x 5.75″ | 210mm x 145mm
- Cover: two options: Iconic (all over doodles pattern) | Pro (plain cover, small doodles only on back)
- Binding: sewn
- Pages: 201
- Additional features: 1 key | 3 index | 2 pen test
- Page styles available: A4, A5, A6
- Paper Quality: 100gsm
- Ghosting? Minimal ghosting
- Bleeding? Minimal bleeding
- Feathering? No feathering
What can I say… I love Scribbles That Matter (abbreviated as STM or just Scribbles). This new notebook company has taken the bullet journaling community by storm! Not only are they listening to their users and making real changes to their product based on feedback, but they’re actively expanding their line of notebooks. The Pro version (sans-icons) is a result of customer requests. And the new sizes (A4 and A6) also customer requests. I love a company who understand that their most important asset is their loyal fans.
But wait. It’s not just about the company itself, it’s about their notebooks. The fun color combinations draw you in but the paperweight, extra features, and quality construction turn you into a raving fan. I personally use my (teal iconic) Scribbles as my travel journal. It goes with me whenever I go on a big trip or just a weekend getaway. It’s been to Mexico, the Caribbean, Florida and a few other states in the U.S.
A travel journal isn’t complete without photos, right? Before my last cruise this past Spring, I bought an HP Sprocket mini printer and took it along with my Scribbles for the trip. It was so convenient to print photos on sticky paper and put them directly on the page – then journal around the photos about what I did that day. Scribbles + Sprocket = perfect travel duo!
Here’s a photo of the inside of my travel journal. I just keep a log of where I go, the itinerary, places I eat and things I do…. add in a few photos and found objects and it becomes a keepsake for that trip.