Exceed Hardcover Book
Bullet Journal Notebook Review
There’s a craze going through the bullet journal community right about these notebooks. You can find them in the Back to School section at your local Walmart store… well, I should say, some local Walmart stores. Lots of people can’t find them, or can only find the lined version (like I did), but can’t find the dotted version in various cover colors. Why the craze? It’s the price. This notebook only costs $6.64, so it’s a great budget option. This would also work for a “practice” book — some bullet journalers like to play around with spread options before they commit to recreating it in their main bullet journal. But if you’re looking for a high-quality paper that doesn’t bleed or ghost, you might want to spend a few extra bucks and buy something online instead. The pen test on this failed miserably and I wouldn’t be able to use it for my main bullet journal because of the ghosting on my favorite pens. If I used a pencil or a thin ballpoint pen, this might be a great notebook option.
Something else to remember is that this is a seasonal item. I’m sure once the 2017 Back to School season is over, Walmart will no longer be carrying this notebook. So if you really want to use this one, go find it now and buy a bunch of them. For a starter or practice notebook, it’s fine. Use a pencil or light ballpoint pen in this to avoid ghosting and bleed-through.
- Key Features: great low-budget starter option
- Size: 5” x 8.25” (13 x 21 cm) – not true A5 size
- Cover: PU leatherette, hard
- Binding: sewn binding
- Pages: 120 sheets (240 pages)
- Additional features: bookmark (extra long), back pocket
- Page styles available: lined | dotted | blank
- Paper Quality: approximately 70gsm
- Ghosting? Yes, very bad
- Bleeding? Yes, even with pens that don’t normally bleed
- Feathering? Yes, but only on the wettest inks