I had this brilliant idea that I would gather up whatever blue
So while I’ve got them all spread out for a photoshoot, why don’t I tell you what I have.
So many blue
pens and markers…
So let’s start with the highlighters. I knew that I had these many highlighters — in fact, I believe there’s a few missing from this shot because they’re in my pen case (which is in my bag in the other room). I literally just grabbed what was on my desk in front of me and didn’t go hunting for more. So this is what you get for now. If you want to see the full scope of highlighters I have, check out the Pastel Highlighter Review article for more details.
I tend to use highlighters to either “cross off” items on my list — I usually use a green highlighter to signify something is finished. At the top of each page of my bullet journal planner, I create a strong bold line of color across the page and then write the date and day on the highlighted area. THis gives the page a bit of color without going overboard. But the great thing about some of these highlighters is that you can also use them for coloring in zentangling or doodling. The fine tips on some of them work perfectly for coloring pages and doodles.
- KitMax Jumbo Check Liner
- Pilot Frixon Pastel Highlighter
- Zebra Mildliner
- Stabilo Boss
- Daiso Marking Pen
- Sharpie Clear View Smear Guard Highlighter
- Bic Brite Liner
- Monami Essanti Pastel Highlighter
- Iconic Duo-tip highlighter and fineliner
- Muji Twin-Tip Highlighter
Blue Fineliner Markers
Let’s move on to the blue fineliners and chisel tip markers in the bunch. I love these types of pen for adding a touch of color to my bullet journal or planner. I typically write all my tasks in black ink, so adding a touch of color to the page helps to draw attention to whatever I’ve got in blue. These are also great when you want to doodle or color in some zentangling on your pages.
- Precision Pen by American Crafts
- Papermate Flair – Medium (2
- Generic fineliners I found on Aliexpress (they’re similar to Stabilo Fineliners, I think)
- Bic Intensity Fineliners (these are my newest find! I love them)
- Steadtler Triplus Fineliner– I have the 42-pack but for some reason, I only have 1 blue handy even though there’s about 6 in the pack.
Blue Markers and Brush Tip
I don’t use this kind of marker very often, but they were on my desk, so they made the photoshoot. In fact, I didn’t even remember that I owned those brush
pens and Felt Tip pens
This is the category of blue
- PaperMate InkJoy
- Sharpie Pen – felt tip fine
- TUL Needlepoint Pen – gel pen – medium .7mm
- Pilot Frixon Erasable pen – Color Sticks in .7mm
- American Crafts – metallic blue pen
Which pen color is next?
I’m sure you have a favorite pen color. What is it? Do you want to see what else I have on my desk to play with? Hit me up in the comments and let me know what you’d like to see next. Blue is fine any all… but what about yellow?